Last night I went out with two of my friends, Itzel and JP and we ended up watching movies at Itzel’s condo. We were in the mood for horror, and even though it’s not horror per se, we ended up watching Audition.
I have to tell you that even though I own the movie, I’ve avoided to watch it for a couple of years, cause , funny thing that I am, I love spoilers and I knew what it was about. I am not going to spoil you guys, but it was actually every bit as hard to watch as I expected it to be. I still don’t get it, and I think I am going to read a bit more about it right now…
On the other side, after Audition was done, we watched Shaun of the Dead, which I had already seen, but love to this day. I swear every time I watch it, I find a new detail that surprises me.
Anyway, this post is not actually to tell you about the movies I watch or anything like that, this post is actually to celebrate. Two weeks ago, a very important date *for me* went by, and even though it’s May the 5th, I want to celebrate it!
10 years ago, before The Ponicorn Princess ever existed, on a sunny April 23rd of 2003, I started blogging. It was hard, it was complex, I didn’t fully get it at first, but I did it, cause for over 6 years I had kept paper journals, and I (being the self-centered ego-maniac that I am) wanted to share it with the world. At First it was just like a regular journal, I talked about my activities, the things I wanted to do, the things I cared about, my family, et al, but over the course of the years, it morphed into this.
Blogging has left me so much, I learned how to build websites, and I still do it on the side. It helped me find means to express myself, and my ideas, and it got me in touch with some of the coolest people I’ve ever met. To this day, I have friends in Spain, Washington, Chile, Venezuela, and other states in my country, that got into my life because of blogging. Geez, even my BFF got into my life because of it!
Through out the years, most of the bloggers I knew stopped blogging in lieu of twitter or tumblr, and some continued and to this day I still enjoy reading each of them. But regardless of the details, for 10 years, blogging has been such an important part of who I am, and over the course of a decade, over 5 personal domains, over 8 different servers, over 4 different content managers, it has shaped me, and it has brought me joy and growth.
And I want to give you guys something in return. That’s why I am hosting a giveaway!
- I am giving you a domain. Any .Com/.Net/.Org that you want (and is available) is yours!
- I am hosting your domain on my server! 200 MB of space, 2 GB of monthly transfer for A WHOLE YEAR FOR FREE!
- I am Installing WordPress for you!!
- I am also creating a design based on the Angel Sanctuary picture above, and I am installing it on your blog, as it was the picture used to my very first blog.
- You must be following this website on Facebook.
- You must answer a set of questions I am posting down here and send them over to my e-mail with the title “RINGO-ISH BIG 10″
- If you are the winner, neither the name of the domain you choose nor the content should be obscene.
- The website I’ll provide you with, should not be use for any illegal purposes.
- You should be able to use WordPress on your own. I’m sorry, but I really don’t have the time to teach
- The website must be used as a blog, you can also use it as a personal site, but the blog part must remain.
- The website should not be used as a portafolio. Sorry.
- You’ll have to keep the Angel Sanctuary design on for at least your first 3 posts, after that you can take it down or change it.
- This giveaway covers a year of service, under the stated terms and rules. If you wish to continue to use the domain after a year, you’ll have to pay the yearly fee my clients pay for the domain name and space ($50).
- If you want me to build a different design for you, we can negotiate a payment.
- If you wish to use the website as a portafolio, we can negotiate a payment.
- Anything that is not covered here, can be decided on the way
All of these questions are things that I’ve mentioned either here, tumblr, facebook, or generally online. You can also try to guess or google me.
- What’s the name of my favorite Shiina Ringo Song?
- Before I was Tomie Kourai Aminoácido, I had a different Nickname. What was it?
- What is my favorite color?
- What Sailor Senshi is my favie favie?
- Name my top 2 animes.
- Name 3 of my favorite books.
- How many tattoos do I have?
- Where am I from?
- What is my religion?
- And last but not least. How Old Am I?
Try to answer as accurate as possible, I am almost sure none will answer 100% of the questions but the winner will be selected based on how many correct (s)he has (or as closely as possible) and How fast (s)he can answer. So if you only have 5 correct, you still have a chance!!! The deadline is May 31 and I will select a winner on June 1st.
Good luck my ponies!! E-mail me with any question you should have.